What is the population of Eye?
4500 approx

Who is your local MP?
Fiona Onasanya (Labour)

Can I contact the Parish Council?
You can write to Brenda Stanojevic, Leeds Hall, High Street, Eye, tel 01733 222037 or email eyeparishcouncil@btinternet.com

One of my street lights is out. What should I do?
Call Peterborough City Council Street Lighting Team on Freephone 01733 453523. You will need to quote the identification number on the column, the type of fault and street name and house number where the light is situated. Read more here.

What day is my bin collected?
Type your postcode: here.

How do I report dog fouling on pavements or public areas?
This is an offence. If you witness an incident please take note of the date, time and precise location, the type of dog, and identify (if possible) of the person in charge of the dog and their address. You can contact Peterborough City Council Dog 01733 747474 or e-mail: wmhd@peterborough.gov.uk

I’ve just seen some responsible dog owners cleaning up after their dog. What should I do?
Thank them.

My club/organisation needs a regular venue. What should I do?
Consider using the Leeds Hall or Manor Farm Community Centre.

Can I hire the Leeds Hall for my child’s birthday party? How much would it cost?
Yes, contact Brenda Stanojevic on 222037 or email eyeparishcouncil@btinternet.com for current prices. Read more here.

I have a great idea for a new club. What should I do?
Write an article for the Eye Scan and see if anyone in the village is interested in joining.

I have concerns about crime in the village. What should I do?
Sign up to E-Cops or contact the council. Read more about all these options here.

I have some rubbish to get rid of, where do I take it?
Peterborough recycling centre is based at Welland Road, Dogsthorpe, PE1 3TD. They take general rubbish but also recycle glass, textiles, small appliances, low energy bulbs and batteries. Opening times:

  • Summer months 1st April to 30th September
    • Monday and Thursday 8am – 8pm
    • Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8am to 6pm
  • Winter months 1st October to 31st March
    • Open seven days a week from 8am to 4pm
  • Special dates
    • Bank holiday; site closes at 4pm
    • Site closes at 12pm; Christmas Eve and 12 pm New Years Eve
    • Site closed; Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
  • Latest information here.

I have an old washing machine that I need removing.
It costs from £23.50, call Peterborough Direct on 01733 747474. More here.

Does Eye have a recycling bank?.
There is a bottle bank at Manor Farm Community Centre.

I’m looking to research my family who have lived in Eye.
Registers of baptisms, marriages and burials are kept at the local records. Details of what historical documents are kept for Eye is shown below:

  • Composite C 1543-1665, M 1650, B 1543-1669
  • Composite CB 1727-1797, M 1727-1791, CB 1797-1812, M 1786-1812
  • Christenings 1813-1933
  • Marriages 1813-1837, 1889-1945
  • Burials 1813-1897

Peterborough Archive Service at Peterborough Central Library holds further information. E-mail archives.services@vivacity-peterborough.com or telephone 01733 864280.

Do you have a local newspaper?
Peterborough only has one local newspaper which is the Peterborough Telegraph.